Rumors: Zinedine Zidane rejects Juventus as he waits for Jose Mourinho sack

MANCHESTER UNITED could be in line to replace Jose Mourinho with Zinedine Zidane as the French manager has rejected several offers.

The Special One is under severe pressure at Old Trafford after a string of poor results and player bust-ups.

Manchester United drew 0-0 with Valencia in the Champions League on Tuesday and fell to an abject Premier League defeat to West Ham last week.

And that was preceded by a humiliating loss to Derby in the Carabao Cup.

Furthermore, Mourinho has had a public bust-up with World Cup winner Paul Pogba.

Former Real Madrid manager Zidane has been linked with replacing the Portuguese at Old Trafford.

And now Italian outlet Calciomercato claim the Frenchman has turned down an offer from Juventus to become their director of football.

Zidane is said to have had reservations about overshadowing manager Massimiliano Allegri in Turin.

The 1998 World Cup winner has also turned down a £13.3m-a-year job offer in the UAE, according to the reports.

Zidane is said to be focused on working in the Premier League.

And the 46-year-old also knows Paris St-Germain could be interested in his services next summer.

Zidane made history as Real Madrid manager, winning the Champions League in three consecutive seasons.

But the Frenchman left the Bernabeu at the end of the last campaign as he wanted to take a sabbatical.

For now United are backing Mourinho to turn things round at Old Trafford.

But a defeat to Newcastle in the Premier League tomorrow (5.30pm) could force Ed Woodward into a decision with Zidane waiting in the wings.

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino has also been linked with replacing Mourinho.

But it is unlikely the Argentine would move midway through the season to United.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*